A Brief History
CRCA is Canada’s first and most experienced race marshalling club. It has played a significant role in the Ontario racing community since 1959, joining the Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs (CASC) in 1960, and acquiring its Federal Charter in 1962. In 2019 CRCA celebrated our 60th Anniversary.
Based at Shannonville Motorsport Park, the Club has supported the racing environment by providing Corner Marshals for all forms of racing events including regional open and closed-wheel cars, Super Series motorcycles, National motorcycle racing and numerous special interest groups.
Marshals have participated at racing events at Mosport Park from the opening day to the present. Our members worked events at Green Acres (near Goderich, ON) and Harewood Acres (south of Hamilton, ON) until their closing. Our club organized the Corner Marshals for the first ever Canadian Grand Prix at Mosport International Raceway (formerly Mosport Park and now called Canadian Tire Motorsport Park) in 1967, and also in 1967, we were responsible for providing Marshals for the Motorcycle Grand Prix of Canada, notably the only time this country has had an FIM-sanctioned Grand Prix!
CRCA Marshals continue to support motorsports events at tracks throughout Ontario including Calabogie Motorsport Park, Grand Bend and in Quebec at Mont Tremblant, Trois Rivieres and the F1 on Île Notre-Dame in Montreal. Members have also travelled to the United States to marshal both MotoGP and F1.